Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Non-Traditional Thanksgiving

As long as I was on this Earth and beyond my family use to gather at my great grandparents house for Thanksgiving. As the years passed my great grandparents slowly faded. Today both are gone, though we celebrated years after both passed, this year was different. We stayed at our own house and celebrated Thanksgiving with our close friends and other family members. We had a wonderful time not expecting everyone to come. We had moments when we were just sitting at the house wondering who invited all of these people. Any other Thanksgiving my mom would be cooking all day and we wouldn't eat until Friday. The Thanksgiving she finishes early everyone comes over and eats everything, which was fine with us because our refrigerator wasn't over flowing with food. So we are good. A break in tradition went fine so, we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment