Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some People Should Never Cook..

     For years my grandmother cooked Thanksgiving dinner. She would start with the greens and end with her homemade dressing. She is a genius when it comes to preparing a meal she knows exactly how much to put in what. My grandmother, I do admit is not to good with macaroni, but she makes up for it everywhere else.
     One Thanksgiving my entire family met down my late great grandparents house. Everyone was instructed to bring a dish, big mistake. There is always one person who cant cook to save their lives, in my family its like 3. Number One is my mom, most definitely, the only thing she cooks well is fried chicken, fish, and polish sausage, and that's prepared on her George Farman Grill. Number Two is my dear aunt, she is a full-time school principal, and cant cook worth crap. Her food is sometimes over seasoned and sometimes under seasoned, and she uses vinegar to prepare her ribs. YUCK!! Her macaroni is OK, and her baked beans are decent. Number Three is my cousin she is like 24, and I have to give her credit she at least tries. Her scalloped potatoes are delicious, but her ham is dry.
    They all have their positives, but they all tried to do something new for Thanksgiving, wrong choice. We had my cousin baking an upside sown cake, dry, and not enough sugar, my mom preparing the greens, three words, NASTY AS CRAP, and my aunt ham, dry, dry, dry. Some people should just stick to their best recipe and don't use the entire family as test dummies until they become efficient with the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment