Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Administration Take Over..

      Saint Jude Educational Institute, a private school amongst the top Catholics Schools in America. I remember the days of getting out of bed and ironing the uniform. I remember the cute sweaters and white button down tops. I remember the conservative and organized features of the school. I love SJEI with all my heart ,but the only thing I would change would be the overall perception of the Student Handbook regarding dress out days.
     The administration placed stipulations on what we could or couldn't wear for dress out days. I had a huge problem with what our diocese passed last year. Last year there was this unwritten rule that said the school must be identified on each student on each dress out day. I didn't really understand the extent if that rule. That rule I think was implemented by the administration not the diocese, so I would just all together delete that unwritten rule with no ties.  There is a part of the dress code I would keep.
    The extremely tight pants, small cut off shirts, guys with just under shirts, sagging pants, and extremely high heels. These features would degrade the schools reputation. I would continue to hold the school to it rightful standards, being a Catholic school.
     The out of uniform dress code is the only thing that really bothered me. A dress out day with half the uniform on is not a dress out day. I'm sure the students would be very appreciative of the new and improved dress out rule because they are allowed a small bit of freedom to dress as they please and be released from the imprisonment of the uniforms.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment