Thursday, September 9, 2010

G-Shocks

   In high school the biggest trend were a watched called G-Shock. I loved the colors and the functions of the G-Shock, but not the watch. Everyone, literally had one. The senior at that time were the trend setters and they made them look extremely cool. I didn't really want to pay $200 for a watch, even though it lights up, have an alarm, stopwatch, and tells time.
   One day, My mom and I were walking in the mall and I spotted one of those infamous G-Shocks. My mom is never seen without her watch so I thought she might understand my situations. So I took it upon my self to ask her for one. After hearing my plea she  asked a series of questions such as; Whats so special about the this watch other than the colors? Does it tell time like other watches? Would you keep up with the watch? Why do you need you want this waste of money really bad? She made my change my mind so fast. I really didn't want her to spend her money on something that I would wear like a week and put down or loose it,
   The trend was soaking in, then my mom shook me up in to reality. I'm happy I didn't play into the trend because the next year people wearing G-Shocks were labeled as lames. G-Shocks, watches in general was not ultimately for me. I tend to loose really unimportant things anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment