Thursday, September 2, 2010

Family Reunion

Every year I look forward to Labor Day Weekend. Not because that is the first break of the school year ,but because it is my family's annual Family Reunion. We vote the year before for the place for the upcoming year. We make arrangements in advance for the rooms and places. Every year we try to choose a different place. This year we chose Birmingham. I know that's a common place, but our family reunion was never held there. We have been to Panama City, Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville, Montgomery (where the first family reunion was held in my grandparent back yard), and Cincinnati (where mostly everyone stays).
We try to go to a different place and we accept every ones ideas and we as a whole vote.
    Friday evening around six, we will be leaving out of Montgomery because Friday is always Hospitality Night. Saturday we have our family picnic and our volleyball tournament South vs. North for the trophy. Then on Sunday we all wake up in the morning and head to church and later have our annual banquet. At the banquet we have a word of inspiration, honor those who have gone heaven, our elders, and the future of our family. After the banquet we would say our good-byes and headed back home.
   I love my out of town family just as much as I love my in town family. I call and text them like they are here with me. So we keep in touch year round. My agenda for this weekend is definitely my always highly anticipated Family Reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment