Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Emotional Truth

     Music has been around for ages. From Classical to Jazz, Jazz to Soul, Soul to Gospel. All has impacted the life of others. I, myself is stickler for Gospel and Soul. That's where I receive my motivation and relaxation. I have one all time favorite song. It kind of old bur I love it very much. Something about the Name Jesus by Franklin and his crew really gets my spirit roiled up. I listen to words with content.
     The beginning of the song has the lead singer's emotional testimony is in the with the chorus as they began the song. The Chorus says: oh, how I love the name Jesus, which to me hits right home. I was raised in a highly Christian Family that puts God first in everything. Going to church every Sunday, being a choir member and a praise dancer. I could really relate to this stanza. I could tell God how much I love him even if I had ten thousand tongues because he has done a lot for my family and friends. Then the chorus repeats and says: This is the sweetest name I know. My spirit is up the eyes are watering, and the soul is at peace.
     The verses are like clouds in a sky. They move straight to the heart of understanding. A piece of the beginning testimony says: its just like fire shut up in my bones. When its like fire you feel like nothing could take your joy like nothing would intrude, like the world is not troubled, your personal problems are relieved and everything is going your way.
This song is real. This song makes me rekindle my love for Jesus when I notice myself fading from his site. I know he is always here for us ,but we have to be with him as he is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment